Over the past 10 years, PLA seems to have had a very unhealthy obsession with fast food drive-thrus. Whether it’s getting customers to sing and tell dumb jokes to fast food employees or taking over fast food frequencies, we always seems to cause both complete happiness and complete misery simultaneously whenever we’re at a drive-thru. We’ve even documented some of our obsession with video, pictures and sound clips. Below, you can read about a few of our experiences with drive-thrus.
- Happy Birthday (video) The PLA TV Crew decided to help out a local Hardees fast food joint with a little promotional advertising. After making a sign reading, “Sing Happy Birthday to the drive-thru girl for a free meal!”, EvilCal and RBCP sit across the parking lot with a scanner tuned to Hardees frequency and videotape the results.
- Who Said That?? (sound clip) This is our first attempt at messing with this drive-thru. Is0tek is mean to a customer and the drive-thru girl exclaims, “Who said that?” Then the customer drives away and the drive-thru girl sounds rather amused about it. The Wendy’s this happened to had the unfortunate luck to be right next to a hotel where the Rubicon hacker convention was taking place. They didn’t have a good weekend.
- Lawsuit Lady (sound clip) This lady has got to be one of the stupidest customers ever. The drive-thru girl can’t hear the order because we’re keying over the customer while she tries to place an order. Then after we have our say with the customer, an employee and a manager rush out to try and explain what’s going on to the lady. They explain about a half dozen times before the customer finally understands. The whole time she’s ranting to the employees, saying things like “I WILL get a law suit!” and “I WILL call headquarters!” and “I’ll slam dunk his behind and get my whole family on his behind!”
- I’m New Here (sound clip) Me and the drive-thru girl get into a fight with a customer about which one of us is the real Wendy’s employee. Horrible sound quality on this one.
- You Smell Funny (sound clip) We tell a customer that he smells funny and an employee rushes out to explains things to him. The girl laughing is an employee inside. The person yelling at me is a customer. And the guy trying to reason with me is the employee that came outside.
- Taco Bell Takeover (video) After weeks of messing with the frequencies of a nearby Taco Bell, we decide to film ourselves messing with ourselves, just so we could witness the employees reactions to the prank. RBCP and a neighbor of his drove to Taco Bell to place an order while RijilV and Is0tek stayed behind to mess with their order. RBCP’s DV camera is sitting on the dashboard, recording it all.
- Drive-thru Shenanigans (video) The PLA manages to annoy both employees and customers of fast food joints by adding new signs to the drive-thru menu boards. The results are a little like our Happy Birthday video except this time we allow the customers to have the freedom of choosing their own song for a free meal. And if they can’t sing, they can always tell a dumb joke instead! This time the video runs a little over 10 minutes and includes such hits as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday and Let It Snow.
- The McDonald’s Sign Prank (pictures and story) We spice up a large wooden sign at a McDonald’s with more colorful language and promotions. Several times.
Tired of the steady streams of emails telling him that the Paris Hilton hack is so 2 months ago, RBCP decided on a whim to update phonelosers.org with a new headline and paragraph. Unfortunately, nothing much has been happening in PLA Land lately so there’s nothing really to write about. You could read about RBCP’s run-in with Ralph Steadman and Wendy’s in his journal. You also might try visiting our forums and participating in the conversations there. You could also go laugh at all the lame answering machine message suggestions, the Nigerians begging for credit card numbers and the Pakistanis begging for Yahoo passwords. There, that should make people leave me alone about Paris.
This weekend’s hack of Paris Hilton’s T-Mobile Sidekick has been a lot of fun for everyone in our forums and on our voicebridge.
But just today, RBCP tried calling up one of the numbers pilfered from Hilton’s Sidekick and actually got through to Eminem’s cell phone! The call lasts for over a minute with Eminem threatening RBCP with all kinds of bodily harm and legal action. You can listen to the sound clip here. You can also listen to Paris Hilton call Bacon Strips a fag. Wouldn’t YOU love to be told you’re a fag by Paris Hilton?? If you’re unfamiliar with the Paris Hilton Sidekick debacle click here to read about it in our forums.
Our very own Rob T. Firefly has released RBCP’s parody version of Guilty Conscience into mp3 format. The new song, called Guilty Deter, can be listened to by clicking here. After you’re done listening to it, be sure to check out some of RTF’s other audio exploits as well as the rest of his site at robvincent.net! You can discuss RTF’s hit single and his bright future as today’s hottest new talent in our forums.
We have just figured out that Spessa is actually a BNF SPY and that she’s been working on getting our personal info and giving it to the cybersluthes on the BNF forum who post it all over the place. DO NOT trust her anymore and don’t let her into #bigbeefbueno because she’s just keeping a big file on each one of us. Spessa (aka: Terri) will NOT win this thing. We shall prevail. Be very careful about who we trust from now on. Click here for more information on this Spessa ordeal.
Yesterday evening murd0c sent me to a link which told me that phoneloser.org’s original webhost, Micah McCrary, had died during the summer of 2004. You might remember Micah as the owner of kracked.com. Before we had phonelosers.org, we had pla.kracked.com. In 1997, just as I was ready to completely abandon the PLA web site forever, Micah decided to register phonelosers.org. Micah McCrary is the reason that this website still exists.
Micah hosted phonelosers.org for years, dealing with a steady stream of complaints and legal threats and still having the time to help me out with my perl codes. He was equally helpful to Heywood of messedup.net with hosting and support. He was a helpful friend, fun to talk to and had a hilarious way of dealing with the complaints against phonelosers.org. If you’d like to pay your respects to Micah, I’ve set up a memorial for him here. In fact, I’ve also set up memorials for the other Phone Losers that we’ve lost over the years – SUT and Spee.
Thanks for everything, Micah! You will be greatly missed by many people.
Big-E, RTF, Judas Iscariot, Murd0c and I-baLL
The mp3 from the 2004 Hope Panel is now up. You can listen to it and pretend that you were there! Click here to listen to Rob T. Firefly, Big-E, Judas Iscariot, Murd0c and I-baLL. You also get to hear Elephant & Bird with a new laugh track! You can also click here to discuss the panel.
A lot of radio and TV hackerish-type shows have been popping up in recent years, some even worth listening to or watching. Most of these shows have archived their episodes and they can sometimes be very entertaining. Take some time today to discover some new shows that you like. They can be a nice replacement for the radio and TV that you’re used to. Here’s a list of shows you might be interested in. If you’d like to submit your own show archive to us, then do it.
What are you waiting for? Hurry up and buy a damn PLA Media CD. Now they have snazzy jewel case inserts with them. You get hundreds of prank calls in mp3 format, not to mention all the videos, pictures, text files, cursors, icons, etc. Best of all, RBCP uses the profits to buy crack cocaine for himself and his friends. Click here to contribute to the cause.